Last Updated: May 15, 2020
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information through our Site:
- Basic Information: Name, phone number, email address, and mailing address.
- Device Information: Internet Protocol (IP) address, user agent string (UA), unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Site. Note, however, we do not consider Device Information to be personal information except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires.
- Visitor Comments: Text, images, and profile pictures.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
If you provide us with your personal information, we may use it for the following purposes:
|Purpose of Use||Categories of Personal Information|
|Register you for demos, events, newsletters, products, and software||Basic Information and Device Information|
|Provide services you request, including hosting events, mailing newsletters, products, and software||Basic Information and Device Information|
|Respond to your inquiries||Basic Information, Device Information, and Visitor Comments|
|Make our Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use by analyzing trends, and tracking user movement in the aggregate||Device Information|
|Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology systems, including spam detection||Basic Information and Device Information|
|Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights||Basic Information, Device Information, and Visitor Comments|
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above, such as web hosting, IT security, mailing, and registration. We will only provide those providers the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Business Reorganization: We may share personal information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as an asset of AiBuy.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share personal information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We also share personal information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
Collecting Other Personal Information
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable us to provide the Site.
- Analytical Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and understand how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
What are your options if you do not want cookies?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use certain features of this Site.
How to Update Your Personal Information and Your Rights
Where required by applicable law, you may have certain rights to your personal information, including the right to obtain confirmation that we maintain certain personal information relating to you, to verify its content, origin, and accuracy, as well as the right to access, correct or amend, port, delete, object to processing (such as receiving communications from AiBuy), or withdraw consent to the processing of certain personal information (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us as detailed below. Please note that we need to retain certain personal information as required or permitted by applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please note the following about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, which we collect directly from you and automatically when you visit our Site, including additional rights you may have to your personal information:
- CA Personal Information. Consistent with the “Collection of Personal Information” section above, we may collect certain categories of information about California residents, such as:
- Identifiers: name, phone number, mailing address, email address, IP address, device ID, and information collected via Cookies;
- Commercial Information: records of demos, products or services purchased;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity: browser and operating system.
- Use of CA Personal Information. We may use your personal information for purposes described above under “How We Use Personal Information We Collect.”
- CA Personal Information Sold or Disclosed for Business Purposes.
- Sharing Personal Information for Business Purposes: We may have shared the following categories of personal information for business purposes: Identifiers, Commercial Information and Internet or other Electronic Network Activity, with web hosting, IT security, and delivery service providers.
- Sale of Personal Information: We have not sold (as defined under CCPA) your personal information.
- California Privacy Rights. As a California resident and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to access and/or delete your personal information. You also have the right to request information about the personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for business purposes, by contacting us as detailed below.
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identify before responding to a such request, and may request you provide us your name and email or additional proof where necessary. You will not be penalized for exercising your rights to your personal information.
- “Do Not Sell My Information.” We do not sell (as defined under CCPA) your personal information.
- Access Notice in Alternative Formats. Consumers who need assistance accessing the notice in an alternative format can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling directly 972-616-6400.
How we protect your Personal Information
We maintain technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal information that you share with us. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your personal information. If you have any reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
Cross-Border Information Transfers
We transfer personal information to various jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers. Where required by such laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
- What is the legal basis of processing?
Some jurisdictions require an explanation of the legal basis for the collection and processing of personal information. We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process personal information, including: (i) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as in order to provide the services you requested); (ii) consent; (iii) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation; and (iv) necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally, including maintaining the safety and security of the Site).
- What are the consequences of not providing personal information?
- Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
We do not use automated decision-making in processing your personal information or to offer you services or products.
- Does the Site honor do not track (“DNT”) signals sent via browsers?
Because we do not track our Site users over time and across third-party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
- How long do we retain personal information?
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.